Thursday Nov 03, 2022
Olympian Olivia Giaccio - Keep it Simple & Keep it Fun
Fresh off 6th place at the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, Olivia first hit the national radar in 2016 when she was the junior national champion followed in 2017 as the dual mogul junior world champion. After that, she turned pro, hit the world cup tour and started racking up results and confidence. In 2018, she was the first alternate for the Winter Olympic Games. Four years later she got retribution, and not only made the team, but made the finals. While we're in awe of her 6th place finish at the games, we may be even more in awe of the fact that she is a brilliant and driven student, currently enrolled at ivy league school, Columbia University in New York City. Olivia was so gracious to spend time with both Nicole and Wilder DeBoom today, openly sharing her journey to Beijing & beyond.
SPONSOR DEAL! Use code SSWSCpodcast at honeystinger.com for 20% off all products. Fuel up now!
Fine print: 20% off entire order, online only, no minimum purchase, good on subscriptions & one-time purchases, one use per customer, active until 12/31/22
- When things get tough and you wonder if you should keep trying, tap back into why you loved it in the first place
- It's important to remember that your identity does not rely upon skiing; that you are more than the thing you do.
- Hindsight is 20/20
- Mindset work is key: Olivia is always seeking ways to improve hers
- Parental support is #1. Her parents truly listened to her, understood what she wanted and then helped her make that happen.
- Olivia's advice to all the kids out there who are chasing their athletic dreams: Keep it simple and keep it fun!
*This episode includes an extra credit bonus feature with 10-year old interviewer Wilder DeBoom (shown below with Olivia when she came to Wilder's SSWSC Alpine practice!) - listen to hear the stuff that REALLY MATTERS like snacks, dogs and overcoming your fears.
As always, please share your questions, comments, feedback and requests. Go to sswsc.org! Now get out there and support, lead or be a champion on and off the mountain!
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.